In business transactions, we have represented….
- A U.S. asset management company on corporate structuring, compliance, and funding for the purchase of U.S. residential non-performing loan
- An owner of a unique, sensor-based LAN operating independently of Wi-Fi infrastructure with respect to IP protection, due diligence, and licensee acquisition.
- Formation and structuring of a special purpose entity for acquisition of non-performing loans in Poland and other Eastern European countries
- A German company on the purchase of a California industrial ceramics company, including stock purchase and employment agreements, premerger notices and special security agreements, NDA agreements; and patent assignments
- A U.S. medical devices subsidiary in its establishment of a distribution network in South America for eye laser surgery platform
- A Dutch firm on patent infringement claims against a California electronics producer; including federal court defense of the action, reexamination of the patents and invalidation
- A U.S. company’s sale of a Singapore company to a Taiwan electronics company, investment in the Taiwan company’s stock and a license of its semiconductor manufacturing know-how
- A U.S. stem cell storage company in securing debt financing to purchase a stem cell storage company’s assets; including debenture, related warrants and security agreements, and asset purchase
In litigation and dispute resolution, we have represented….
- An insurance company with regard to ongoing defense in various commercial litigation cases
- An owner of patents in the eye care industry against a major life sciences company in patent prosecution litigation
- A stem cell company in a class action alleging violations of false advertising by the successful use of a SLAPP motion to dismiss
- A California company with a successful defense and settlement of a trademark infringement case, resulting in dismissal of federal and state claims
- A Dutch semiconductor firm on a successful prosecution and settlement of a patent dispute